So the Smith family has finally entered the world of blogging. For a while there, some of our siblings (on Annie's side of the family) were really pushing for us to start a blog and then finally gave up so, surprise. We aren't a terribly interesting family but we're happy and we love each other.
About us:
Travis and I met at my brother's mission welcome home at my parents house in July (I think) of 2001. We went out a few times and then he went to college and we e-mailed a couple of time but ended up loosing touch for a while. Three years later I came home from a friends wedding in Arizona and had an e-mail from Travis. We went out that weekend and if you ask Travis he will say it was the worst second first date he'd ever been on. After the date I invited him in and we sat in my living room and visited for a while. Once I was in my comfort zone things were much better. We were engaged about six weeks later and married after a 5 1/2 week engagement. In October of '07 we found out we were pregnant and had a beautiful baby boy the following spring.
I am now a stay at home mom and love almost every minute of it. What mom likes poopy diapers and when the kid is cranky and refuses to take a nap. Good thing there are more good things about being a mom than bad. I like to cook and try new recipes. I like to keep a clean home but sometimes have a hard time accomplishing that because by the end of the day I get kind of tired from chasing around a very energetic 14 month old. I like to sew but have next to no talent in that department. Quilting is fun but you have to have room for it and Mason has kind of taken over the apartment so we are lacking there. I love spending time with my little family. We go to the park and for walks when we can and just enjoy each other's company.
Travis is trying to finish his PhD in political science. I asked him what that was one time and one time only. It was like a foreign language. I think I'll stick with changing diapers and he can go to school. Travis really enjoys reading. He has a lot of books that have to do with his field of study. When he's lucky he can sit down, relax and read a book for pleasure and not have to think about it much or take notes.
Mason is the little man of the house. At just over a year old he is the boss. I was demoted the moment they took him from my belly. Mason loves to go outside which kind of surprises me sometimes because for a long time he hated the grass. He would throw a fit if you put him down on it. He wouldn't crawl on it and when he learned how to walk he wouldn't walk on it either but he is warming up to it and is able to enjoy the outdoors now. He has a bit of a sweet tooth and unfortunately hates to brush his teeth. He loves playing with his toys and daddy whenever he can. He likes to talk on the phone or pretend to anyway. He loves getting on the computer with daddy and talking to Grandma Smith over the web cam. We've had to do a lot of baby proofing obviously and he still manages to get into things that we didn't even think to baby proof. Basically, if it's below the waist you better not be too attached to it because Mason will claim it and you may never see it again. I could go on for a while on Mason but then what would I blog about next time?
2 comments:
Yay! You have a blog! Maybe you'll update it more than your family members do theirs so I can see your cute baby boy more often :D Love you guys!
Yea! I'm excited you talked Travis into the blog, now we can keep up better. I laughed at the worst second 1st date part, post pictures soon!!!!!
Post a Comment