Sunday, August 9, 2009

One of the Greatest TV shows

I wanted to clue everyone in one of the best television shows ever. You may very well have missed out on this gem as it was a Saturday morning cartoon on ABC (produced by Disney) from 2002-2004. But don't let that fool you. I find this show much more entertaining than much of what one finds on "prime" time television. Fillmore! is about a former delinquent student Cornelius Fillmore who now is a crime solving member of X Middle School's safety patrol. Together with his partner Ingrid Third, Fillmore solves crimes that take place at the school and sees that justice is served.
Fillmore! is perhaps the perfect blend of cop action and intelligent cartoon. The pop culture references are refreshingly subtle, not overbearing, and thus quite rewarding. Sadly, Fillmore! is no longer being produced. Episodes are available for viewing on Youtube, however. I highly recomend it.

--Travis

0 comments: