Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy late Thanksgiving! I couldn't blog about our plans before Thanksgiving because we were going home and surprising family and I didn't want to give it away. It was kind of a quick trip but well worth it. Poor little M got sick on the way to Idaho. He got the croup but we made the best of the trip. I felt so helpless. To not be able to make your child better is one of the worst feelings in the world.

We had Thanksgiving dinner with Travis's side of the family and the day after I went Black Friday shopping with the girls and then out to breakfast where we met up with my parents, the husbands and kiddos. After breakfast we finished our shopping and headed to my parents house and dipped chocolates. It was lots of fun. I haven't dipped the day after Thanksgiving for 5 years and I'd really missed it. Saturday morning I went back to my parent's house and finished the dipping with my mom and was able to have some one on one time with my parents. That afternoon we were able to go visit M's great grandparents. We had a nice visit but had to cut one of them short so we could take M to the doctor because we were flying home the next day. The doc gave him some medicine (that he hates taking) and the next day he slept for almost the entire flight home and then the drive home from the airport too.

0 comments: