Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jonamac

Last Saturday we went to Jonamac Orchard. We are a family of chickens though. It was sprinkling when we got there around 9:30am, but soon it was pouring. We thought we would just wait it out in the their store. It started to lighten up, but we decided that we didn't trust the weather and would try again next week. As soon as we got home the rain had stopped completely so we talked ourselves into going back. We were really glad that we did. The weather was great for the rest of the day. It was cloudy and I think there was a breeze so it wasn't too hot and didn't feel too muggy.

We had a lot of fun. I think Travis and I decided that the best part was watching Mason get so excited over different things.

We let Mason pick what direction to go in the corn maze a few times and got lost more than a few times.


Mason loves tractors. We couldn't pass up this photo opportunity.

Is this not the BIGGEST rocking chair you have ever seen? I don't think Mason liked it though because he couldn't get down by himself.

We played in a silo FULL of corn kernels. It was easy to see how working in one of these things could be so dangerous. You just sink in. Mason didn't like to walk in it but he really liked the toys they had for the kids to play with.

Mason LOVED the straw fort. I don't know how long he played in it but he had a blast.




It was really funny to see him with the animals at the petting zoo. He kept his hands in fists and I think the animals thought he had food in them because they would not leave him alone.

Pick of the day.
I love his little expressions.

I didn't take a picture but in the store they had apple doughnuts which I've never had or heard of, for that matter. We got a half dozen of them and they were so yummy and fresh. I had to stop myself from eating them so Travis could have a couple. I'll have a hard time not going back just for a dozen doughnuts to bring home.


Aside from a little sunburn that I got, I think it was a perfect family day. I was really glad that we went and had the camera to capture some of it so we could share what we could of our family outing.

0 comments: