Friday, October 15, 2010

The Missing Tortillas

Mason and I went grocery shopping this morning and got home just in time for lunch. Travis was getting stuff out for a quesadilla for Mason and told him to give the tortillas to Mommy (or he thought he did). Meanwhile, I was in the bedroom changing into something more comfortable (I love wearing lounge pants around the apartment). I came back out to the kitchen and Travis was looking for the tortillas. He asked me if Mason gave them to me. He hadn't. We looked everywhere. We asked Mason to take us to the tortillas. We looked in the cabinets and drawers, the garbage, and under pillows and blankets in the living room. I ended up making Mason cheesy bread for lunch instead of the intended quesadilla.

About 1:00 Travis went back to work and I was left with Mason and lunch cleanup. As I was putting the cheese back in the bottom drawer in the fridge I saw something that didn't belong there. The tortillas were in the back of the drawer under some other cheese. I think Travis intended to give the tortillas to Mason to give to me but put them in the drawer where the cheese was. We know that Mason didn't put them there because Travis said he was in the fridge still getting things out when Mason walked away and what would posess a 2 year old to bury the tortillas as far down and back in the fridge as he could get? We had a good laugh and apologies were made to Mason for blaming him for the missing tortillas.

0 comments: