Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Knock, Knock

On Monday morning I had some laundry to do. Travis was at school, so I was home alone with Mason. I grabbed my laundry and left Mason in the living room. The washer and dryer in our apartment building is just in the basement so Mason would just be alone for 2 minutes. I went and started my laundry and came back up. I went to turn the knob and it was LOCKED. I panicked. Mason had locked me out and he was inside alone. I started knocking on the neighbor's door and they weren't home so I went to the next neighbor and knocked. No answer. Then I thought to myself, "Do I have my phone?" I checked my pocket and it was there. I had to call the landlord and have someone come let me in. I think our apartment is pretty childproof, and Mason was fine when I got back in. Needless to say, if I ever have to do laundry or check the mail I will take him with me, wait for Travis to get home or put Mason in his pack-n-play or crib. I also take my keys with me just in case.

2 comments:

Sarahleigh said...

Yikes! I would have been so panicked. Glad everyone is ok!

Jared and Jill Turner said...

Ummmm, have you ever locked him in the car, with it running, and all your stuff inside the car? Just wondering...