Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Birthday

I think that when we got up on M's birthday Travis and I were more excited than the birthday boy. But only because we knew what he was getting and that he would LOVE it. Travis had to work the morning of and he didn't want to miss out on the Thomas Time so we had M open all of his non-Thomas presents in the morning and the rest after his nap when Travis was home. As soon as all the presents were open I think he played with them for about two hours.
We went to Taco Bell for dinner. You can probably guess who picked where to eat. Yes, I'm a sucker for Taco Bell.
M didn't just get train stuff for presents. He also got clothes, matchbox construction trucks, a motorcycle, and some books. He also got a little bit of cash from grandparents and I think I know what we're going to get for him with it. Sometimes we have a hard time getting him to part with his beloved wooden trains at bedtime so we got on amazon and looked for plush Thomas toys and found one that I think will make bedtime much easier. Lets hope so.

From Mom and Dad
Matchbox trucks from G'pa Smith
Motorcycle from G'ma and G'pa Turner
G'pa Smith also gave him expansion sets for his tracks. They are a lot of fun.


And that was the birthday. My baby is two years old now. It's weird to say that but I'll get used to it. Probably in time for his next birthday.


0 comments: