Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Easter/Conference Weekend

M got this little train for Easter and it's part of the Thomas set. He has been obsessed with train for a while now and he was so excited to find this in his basket this year. Travis got up with him that morning and as soon as he changed his diaper M took off for the living room and ran back to the bedroom to show mommy what he found. I don't think he even noticed that there was candy in his basket.

We had some yummy crepes with fresh strawberries and blueberries or eggs and bacon for breakfast. In the past we've had leftovers and ended up throwing them out later in the week but this time around we ran out and I was kind of wanting more. Oh well. There is another conference in a few months as well as another round of crepes. I think I can wait that long unless someone wants to feed us crepes while we are in Idaho visiting family. *wink, wink*

We weren't sure what we were going to do to keep M quiet for conference and Travis came up with this idea. I don't know where it came from but we have this big roll of butcher paper and we took some of it and drew and colored some train tracks for M so he would have some tracks to play with his new train on. It worked out really well. We had fun making it and M was more than excited to get to use it. It kept him busy for almost all of conference.



Overall, we had a great weekend. It was really nice to just spend it at home as a family.

0 comments: