The birthday party was a success. I was a little worried having never thrown a party before and I've only been to one but it was recent enough that I kind of had an idea of what to expect. We invited most of the kids from nursery and five of the six were able to come so we had a good turnout. It was great because the kids just played with the toys while the adults visited. I felt like this was a big step for me because it's hard for me to put myself out there and get to know people. I usually stay home with M. We don't get out to socialize much and I'm in the nursery at church so I don't get a lot of adult interaction there either. Anyway this was our party.
Yes, I staged the toys. Travis teased me for this but I had fun doing it.

Of course, it was Thomas themed. The balloons were a big hit with the kids.

The cake was marble flavor. Super yummy. The train from the cake goes on outings with us so M will have something to keep him happy and Mommy sane.

He needed a little help blowing out the candles. I guess we didn't practice enough during the week. I think he'll be able to do it on his own next year.

This is after all the kids left. I think it looks like M leaves it on a daily basis. Travis thought it would be messier so he was pleasantly
suprised.

Of course Travis was in the living room on the computer so he wasn't the one to clean up the kitchen and this was only the table. The counters were just as bad if not worse.

All said and done, the party was great, the food was good, the kids had fun and I hope to do it all over next year.
2 comments:
How fun for him! I bet he had a blast! You did great! I just wish I could have been there, too! Love ya, sis!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY M! Good Job on the Fiesta mom and dad, (especially mom! What a Creative idea with his train paper. I'll call you next time I'm in a pickle how to keep my ninos occupied. :)
Post a Comment